Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. You can read my full disclosure here.
What would you think if you opened up a Facebook message to learn you had received a surprise nomination for an award you’ve never heard of? Sounds crazy, right? Well, that exact thing happened to me the other day, when I opened a message and there it was “I nominate you for the 2017 Liebster Award” along with a link to check out what it’s all about.
Thank you so much, Anni! Anni Geogieva is over at The Girl From the Town. You should definitely check out her blog, in which she writes about life, travel, food and more.
So, if like me you are thinking, “What the heck is a Liebster Award?”, let me tell you!
The Liebster Award 2017 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The award is a way to be discovered but also to connect and support the blogging community. A great idea in promoting your own blog and others. Originally it was given out to blogs with less than 2000 readers but this has slowly lowed as the reward has gained popularity. It is now only 200 readers or less. You can read more about it here.
To accept my nomination I will highlight one of my favorite blogs, Love and Flourish.
The beautiful imagery really catches your eye as you come upon the homepage. I find the writer, Millie, to be open and honest about her life and experiences, including her struggles with mental health. The story in her blog really speaks to my ideals of finding yourself and your path. I so enjoy her writing, and think you will too!
10 Random Facts About Me
1. I grew up in New York, just about 30 miles north of Manhattan. If you are also from “outside manhattan but not really upstate NY”, you know why I always answer with a full description of where my home was located.
2. I’m vegetarian but my husband is not. We are raising our children vegetarian until they are old enough to understand what meat is and make their own decision based on facts.
3. I have two direct sales businesses along with my blog. My main focus is LuLaRoe, but my main passion is blogging.
4. I have always wanted to be a writer, but have just this year (at 33) gotten the guts to try and do something about it.
5. My daughter was 100 days premature. This is something that I write about a lot on my blog, since it has changed me in some ways, and solidified who I am in others.
6. At 33 years old, I just found out I have an astigmatism and need glasses about 2 months ago.
7. I want to live in the mountains, however I hate the very cold which is why I moved to the beach in NC.
8. My husband and I plan to have a farm and part of our goal is to run an animal rescue.
9. My husband introduced me to some of my favorite things, because I never gave them a chance before he came along. Including Harry Potter, Star Wars and The Raiders
10. I spent my honeymoon in Disney World and Harry Potter World, and we plan to go back every year or two…. possibly forever.
And now for my nominees…..
I adore all of these blogs, and love that I share a community with them. I highly recommend each one, obviously… that’s why I am nominating them.
1. The Prickly Pilot’s Wife is Kaitlyn Sosebee
2. Saunders Says by Nicole Saunders
3. Kristy Empol writes at Forever Sparkly
4. Cat Burchmore is The Chronic Entrepreneur
5. Sheena Ysen at Soglamourlips.com
Here are the official rules to accepting your nomination:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
3. Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
4. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
6. List these rules in your post
7. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post. (They might not have ever heard of it!)
8. Post a comment in the comments of –> the award post <– so your post and blog can be viewed.
Congrats to Everyone!